Archive

Forum

Beta

Mitdasein.com    General    transition from ready-to-hand to present-to-hand
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

transition from ready-to-hand to present-to-hand
 Login/Join

Mitgliedchen
posted
Ive been pondering this question for many years now after my initial Heidegger readings, and I am still no closer to a resolution.
Deep analysis of the question as to whether this transition is analogue or binary seems to engage multiple streams of topics, from quantum physical "disentanglement" to the nature of time as processed by the human brain.

Is there some sort of consensus as to whether Heidegger himself thought the transition to be binary or analogue?

What other types of things in the world are binary?

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitgliedchen
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if this is the right way to answer the question (or if I understood it corrctly), but it seems to me, that the question itself is not correct. In my opinion it (or other problems regarding Forhandensein and Zuhandensein) should be answered only inside philosophical thinking (as the world opens itself to us) and not using "scientific proofs" of time and our perception of it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post