Archive

Forum

Beta

Mitdasein.com    General    Who is "Redaction"?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is "Redaction"?
 Login/Join

Mitglied
Mitgliedchen
Picture of Peter Danenberg
posted
Redaction is comprised of students and assistants from Harvard and abroad who have consorted to question Heidegger as a philosopher and amateur philologist, quite afield from the extra-philosophical libel which seeks rather to defame him than edify the apposite scholarship.

Redaction, in turn, makes up the editorial board of Mitdasein; and our tonic takes its leading tone from James Murray, late editor of the OED:
"It is one of the hateful characteristics of a degenerate age, that the idle world will not let the worker alone [...], but must insist upon turning him inside out, and knowing all about him, and really troubling itself a great deal more about his peculiarities & personal pursuits, than his abiding work."
Ad rem, therefore, before ad hominem.

On behalf of your Redaction team,
Peter Danenberg

Posts: 63 | Location: Baden-Württemberg | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitglied
Picture of Charley_McTaggert
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite certain whether your post was designed to answer a particular question or was an unsolicited explanation. I'm more confused after reading that than before. I guess specifying a list of members of "Redaction" or something of that sort is out of
the question (it seems vaguely fair that since the policy is "ad rem not ad hominem" you might say that "who" Redaction is is not pertinent). If you're not going to bother to say something illuminating, though, why bother to "explain" "who Redaction is" at all?

-Charley

Posts: 20 | Location: NY, NY USA | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitglied
Mitgliedchen
Picture of Peter Danenberg
posted Hide Post
The explanation is no less unsolicited than the Mitdasein project itself.

It occurred to me, however, that public gall is most hideous where there is an undefined object; assuming, of course, that public gall is unavoidable.

And I have to assume it is.

Best,
Peter

Posts: 63 | Location: Baden-Württemberg | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post