Archive

Forum

Beta

Mitdasein.com    Jahrbuch 2004, "Heidegger and the Greeks"    Jahrbuch 2004: General information
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jahrbuch 2004: General information
 Login/Join

Mitgliedchen
posted
Mitdasein is inviting submissions for its 2004 Jahrbuch (appearing in print) on a variety of topics, and in particular "Heidegger and the Greeks."  Proposals may be submitted until March 13, 2003 either directly in forum or under redaction@mitdasein.com; we will consider proposals composed in any language native to the author.

We would like, in addition, to honor eight outstanding pieces of work with an EUR 50 gift.

Best,

Redaction
Mitdasein

Posts: 0 | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitglied
Picture of Charley_McTaggert
posted Hide Post
Do you have requirements/suggestions for the length, citation format or other technical matters?

Posts: 20 | Location: NY, NY USA | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitglied
Mitgliedchen
Picture of Peter Danenberg
posted Hide Post
No, actually.

We recently reviewed a submission of about 50 pages at 12 pt, however, which is probably approaching the upper limit for a piece of article length.

MLA standards should be fine.

Do you have any particular interests?

Best,
Peter Danenberg

Posts: 63 | Location: Baden-Württemberg | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitglied
Picture of Charley_McTaggert
posted Hide Post
This is more of a general question than something
specific to the journal: Does anyone know if/where
Heidegger discussed atomistic and Epicurean
philosophy (Democritus, Epicurus, Lucretius,
Gassendi)? I know he refers briefly to Democritus
in Die Frage nach dem Ding and in "Vom Wesen und
Begriff der Physis" in Wegmarken, and he refers
to Epicurus in Aletheia, but I wondered if there
were more sustained considerations by Heidegger of
Epicurean thought. Any advice much appreciated.

Best,
Charley

Posts: 20 | Location: NY, NY USA | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitglied
Mitgliedchen
posted Hide Post
That pretty much exhausts the resources of Feick's Index; and indeed rather the Eleatics, the Ionians and the Peripatetics enjoyed the privelege of Heidegger's sustained treatment.

In Aletheia, however, in spite of the brevity of the treatment, Heidegger lets loose some pregnant sayings which might form the basis of a synthesis:
"Die Verborgenheit bestimmt hier die Weise, wie der Mensch unter Menschen anwesen soll." 1)

1) Vorträge und Aufsätze. Stuttgart, Neske: 1954. S. 254.

Best,
Peter

Posts: 63 | Location: Baden-Württemberg | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitglied
Picture of stuartelden
posted Hide Post
Can someone please update me to the current status of this project?

Many thanks

Stuart Elden

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mitglied
Mitgliedchen
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the message, Stuart.

I'd like to quite possibly include an upcoming translation of Zur Seinsfrage in this edition, if we can meet the deadline; if not, we'll go forth as planned and I'll earmark it for 2005.

Mitglied
Picture of stuartelden
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this Peter. A new translation of Zur Seinsfrage? This is interesting news. There was the old 1958 translation, and a more recent one by McNeill in Pathmarks. What's the rationale for another translation of this piece, given that so much is not translated at all? I've not looked at the new translation by McNeill in any detail - the 1958 one was a bilingual edition, which served me fine.

best

Stuart

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post